Homes by Vanderbuilt Frequently Asked Questions
What is HomesByVanderBuilt.net?
HomesByVanderbuilt.net serves as a news hub for Homes by Vanderbuilt. Here you can find the latest news and press releases of Homes By Vanderbuilt.
How do I buy a Homes by Vanderbuilt Home?
Homes by Vanderbuilt homes can be bought in a variety of ways. We suggest that everyone visits us online at NCModulars.com or XtremeGreenHomes.com and review our listing of modular homes currently available.
IS A MODULAR HOME A MOBILE HOME?
No. Mobile homes are built to different construction standards and are only available with limited financing.
Why a modular home instead of a stick built home?
Modular homes are built the exact same way in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia building as site built stick homes. However modular homes allow for a home to be built in a factory than instead of an actual location.
WHAT IS THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE REGARDING CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS BETWEEN A SITE BUILT HOME AND A MODULAR HOME?
The big difference is that modular home manufacturers purchase in large quantities directly from the primary source. Most builders purchase in very small quantities from their local building suppliers – who purchase from the primary source. By cutting out the middlemen, modular manufactures can supply higher quality material for the same money. Modular homes are generally better insulated, have far more kitchen cabinets and have up to 20% more lumber than site built.
What are the advantages of modular construction?
A few of the many advantages of a modular homes include:
- The cost of a modular home is significantly less than a site-built home due to the tremendous buying power of the manufacturer’s
- Because they are transported to the job-site, they must be incredibly strong and typically have 20-25% more lumber in them than a site-built home.
- All aspects of the construction process are carefully controlled in a factory engineered setting and the dimensions are exact.
- The effects of weather on lumber, sheetrock, floor finishes and paint are eliminated.
- All employees’ are on the same team and are professionally supervised, creating a skilled craftsman for every trade.
- Inventory is controlled and job-site theft and vandalism is eliminated, saving everyone time and money.
- The precision of factory building creates less waste making your home more eco friendly and greener.
- Time is Money, and quicker construction saves both.
- Higher efficiency with tighter construction makes your home energy star ready, creating lower energy bills.